Well, This is new… Service & Cloud! You may be hearing them occasionally. Do they really mean to be discussed here? Ummmm… I guess you are here because you yearn to understand “NEW” which may have the potential to change the future IT infrastructure. Yes, go on, you need to go through this blog… yeah!
Good Read: A quick look on HANA On-Premise
HANA as a Service
When we talk about HANA as a service, it is essentially about SAP Cloud Platform (SCP). Services can Platform as a service or Application as service etc. which we shall discuss later here. Some points to understand here:
- These services are HANA cloud instances on-demand
- Service is managed by SAP for SCP
- There are other Cloud service providers such as AWS by Amazon and Azure by Microsoft etc.
- Licenses can be acquired on a subscription or consumption basis
There are many SAP Partners who provide Cloud services/infrastructure to SAP customers. e.g.”
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Microsoft Azure
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
SAP Cloud Platform or HANA Cloud Platform is a Platform-as-a-Service offering from SAP which includes in-memory database capabilities, advanced analytics, and seamless intelligent integration services for digital transformation of an enterprise. As a platform, it also supports many new offerings which promise to make enterprises more lean, agile and secure. Such as:
- Machine Learning
- Hadoop integration and analytics
- Mobile services
- Master Data Governance
- Internet of Things
In summary: SAP Cloud Platform integrates Data and Business Processes.